There is a possibility for people with Duldung to receive a residence permit in accordance to § 25b Aufenthaltsgesetz (Residence Act) granted. if they:
- have stayed at least eight years without interruption in Germany with Duldung, Aufenthaltsgestattung or residence Permit (six years of stay for families with minors);
- cover the living expenses predominantly (at least 51%) by themsekves (exceptions when in professional training, studying etc.);
- own German language skills A2;
- have not deceived about their identity and origin;
- possess a passport or are able to demonstrate thay cannot get one.