Hi...  First I would like to thank you for this awesome page and the amount of help you are given
Second I would like to share my story briefly and I do have some questions..
I am 23 years old guy from Syria I am hear in Germany with my two parents..  We have been here for 18 months...
We had a Greece asylum permit which gone expired in 1 month...  We got our first rejection in Germany 3 months ago.. And we are waiting now for the appeal  ..
* my first question....  Isn't right that every one in Germany after 15 months transfer to the social code x2 ... Where he got more money and an Aok card for example and some other stuff... Will we didn't and every time I try to till the social worker she says this things takes time.... Any way to make the process go faster...  Cause a lot of people I know with similar case s the already got that fixed..

*My second question...  We are staying probably in the worst camp in Germany which actually a tint no walls no nothing.....and one guy here always break s the lows starting fights with every one it's really un safe  environment  ....
Any way for us to try to find a house and the social pay for it.  ..
Specialy we have been in Germany for more than 15 months...  And again others case s like us already get moved to a new house...
Or at least move out from the tint to any where with a walls...

I live in Heilbronn.. Thank you very much for your help
asked May 21, 2018 in Home & Living by Meltomm | 1,327 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Meltomm

Nice to hear from you again.

It's true that you can get health insurance by AOK after 15 months of staying in Germany. Before this deadline you get a so-called "Behandlungsschein" by Sozialamt that you can use to go to the doctor.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "social code x2".

Regarding your housing situation: Unfortunately we can't do much except telling you which websites you can use in order to find an apartment and what's the best way to proceed. Please check out the following thread here on Wefugees:


Also, this thread about Wohnberechtigungsschein (WBS) might be of interest for you:


Best regards,


answered May 23, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,014 questions
5,977 answers
138,972 users