I got positive from BAMF around one year ago. And I am doing my business as selbständig.

My family is already here and my son is going to school.

After finish of three years visa what will be happened? What's the procedure? What I have to do?
asked May 30, 2017 in Asylum proceedings by Don’t Know | 765 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+2 votes
Hello @MoniLink

nice to hear from you again!

Here you can find very detailled information about the further proceedings (German language):


I will give a brief summary in English here:

In general you can apply for a "unbefristete Niederlassungserlaubnis" (unlimited settlement permit) at Ausländerbehörde after 5 years. But there is quite a lot of criteria that you need to fulfil:

First of all BAMF will check if the circumstances in your home country got better and if you can go back. Furthermore they will check if you are a threat to the Federal Republic of Germany or the safety of its people (including your criminal record - if there is one).

Apart from that you will need to provide evidence that you can earn a living (Jobcenter/Sozialamt must pay less than 50% of your total income), that you have a health insurance, that you have enough housing space for you and your relatives, and basic knowledge about German society and culture. Plus: your level of German has to be A2 or higher.

If you want to apply after 3 years already, then two things change. First: your German has to be C1 or higher. Second: Jobcenter/Sozialamt must pay less than 25% of your total income.

I will link our awesome lawyers @Marcel and @Steven so that they can share their knowledge as well.

Feel free to ask further questions if necessary :)

Best regards,
answered Jun 6, 2017 by Thor
Hi Thor! It is really nice answer! But I have another question: When I can have German citizenship and what is the requirement for this?

You will be happy to know that after getting positive from BAMF I am taking 32€ Leistung from Jobcenter. I am running my life by own and I have B1 certificate.

Best regards,
I'm glad that my answer was helpful! And I'm really happy that you are doing so well.
Concerning the question about German citizenship: I would suggest that you ask it as a separate question. That way it is easier for others to find the answers they are searching for and everything will be more clearly arranged.
Best regards, Thorgen
+1 vote

let me cite the BAMF:

"Issuing residence permits

Persons who are entitled to asylum receive a residence permit from their immigration
authority for three years. The same applies if refugee status has been
granted. An indefinite settlement permit can be issued after three years at the
earliest under certain circumstances, such as the ability to make a secure living
and adequate knowledge of German, if the Federal Office does not initiate the
revocation procedure."
(Source: ****://***.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlagen/EN/Publikationen/Broschueren/das-deutsche-asylverfahren.pdf?__blob=publicationFile)

Kind regards

answered May 30, 2017 by Jan
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,918 questions
5,890 answers
138,834 users