Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

May I ask if any person holding a 19d Aufenthaltstitel can travel outside Germany?

Thank you!
asked Jun 9 in Legal advice by someoneingermany

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @someoneingermany,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

According to the Lower Saxony Refugee Council, with a "Temporary residence permit for the purpose of employment for qualified foreigners whose deportation has been suspended (§19d), you can travel (in the EU for up to 90 within 180 days) if you are holding a valid travel document and a visa, if requirend by the respective country. The experts of the website "Berlin hilft" were also mentioning (in the comment section), that travelling with the 19d should'nt be an issue. 

We discussed the question of travelling to the home country also here before.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jun 11 by Meike
Thank you @meike!
3,847 questions
4,615 answers
136,131 users