Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Am a Gambian citizen and living in Germany,

I received a residence -permit through my apprenticeship as a cook or work

Aufenthaltstitel 19D for one year

Am asking if I could travel with it to The Gambia for a short period?

I will be very please if I can get my question answered
asked Nov 23, 2020 in Legal advice by Mr camara

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear Mr camara,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for the very interesting question.

I was not very sure about it either and tried to make some research. First of all, in the law section 19d of the German Residence Act itself, it is not mentioning a potential revocation in case people are travelling to their countries of origin. On the website, the authors are stating as well that it is possible to travel with that kind of residence permit.

However, I will also link two of our experts here in order to get some more opinions about it: Dear @mbeon-Rukundo or @mbeon-Christine, can you give any advice?

All the best,


answered Nov 24, 2020 by Meike
0 votes
Hello Meike,

there is nothing to add. Of course it is additionally necessary to take a look at the quarantine regulations of both countries in order to plan the duration of the holidays properly in order not to get trouble at the workplace.

Best regards

answered Nov 25, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
Thanks for the reply dear @mbeon-Christine! :-)
Thank you very much for answering my question so quickly...

If I understand correctly the second answer, is he saying that is possible to travel ?
3,843 questions
4,607 answers
136,114 users