Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
asked Jul 14, 2018 in Legal advice by Azeez

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote
Dear @Azeez, According to your infrmation, you are currently still living abroad and would like to apply for family reunion with your daughter who lives with her mother and German stepsister/brother in Germany. Theoretically, you can apply for a visa for family reunion with your daughter at the German embassy in your Country. This visa requires an exceptional hardship. which could be present, the family unity between you, your daughter, your German stepdaughter/son and their mother can only be conducted in Germany. According to the Federal Administrative Court, the Possession of a resiidence Permit doesn´t prevent people (in this case your daughter) from leaving Germany for their common homecuontry and living together there. Something else would only apply if Special circumstances which make a stay of your German stepdaughter/son in Germany appear to be the only alternative reasonable exist, in particular - in the case of regular and personal contact between the German child and his German father, or - if the German child would be harmed by leaving Germany, in particular e.g. because a chronic desease which can only be treated in Germany or due to a physical, mental od psychic illness or disability, Special educational or other reasons thechild´s needs make a further stay in Germany necessary. In addition, the subsistence of your family, including yours, muss be secured. The visa granting is up to the discretion of the German embassy. Besr regards WKZB1
answered Jul 25, 2018 by WKZB1
0 votes

Hello @Azeez

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question.

May I ask if you are married to the mother of the child? If so, then you will get asylum too because family members of persons entitled to protection also receive asylum. Please read this webpage provided by BAMF for further information:

If not, you will find information how you can stay in Germany through your daughters residence permit in this thread:

Best regards,


answered Jul 17, 2018 by Thor
Thank you very much for your answers.
I’m not married to the mother, she went to Germany with my daughter 3 years ago and she got pregnant for a German man (not married) which gives the new born baby citizen, and because Of that, she and my daughter were given resident permit. And now we have reconcile and she wants me to come to Germany and live has a family with my daughter.

Thanks in advance
Maybe @WKZB1 can give you an answer tomorrow. Best regards, Thorgen
3,705 questions
4,452 answers
135,797 users