My son have 3 years resident permit from her mother i already apply for resident permit in landratsamt I have summit all the document landratsamt ask for after some months i went to landratsamt dey told me is because my asylum appeal is still on that is why i can not be granted resident permit now i have to wait for my appeal to finish? I wanted to withdraw my appeal what will happen after i withdraw my asylum appeal? Please thanks
asked Jan 23, 2019 in Asylum proceedings by Oses
Hello brother , please I need you to help me clarify something on my daughter status .. after the interview of my daughter they gave us a paper state that your daughter has been granted international protection .. is that the same paper you are given ? Is that the result ? Do I have to wait for another result .. please response .. I just want to be sure if my daughter was granted refugee status as well email is
No my son have three years resident permit not from asylum from her mother her mother have 28 in her document

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote

Dear @Oses,

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for reaching out to us!

The reason why the Landratsamt asked you to wait for the outcome of your asylum procedure is because you need a legal status in order to receive a residence permit. You would have to wait how the appeal process goes and what title you will have after. If you are granted a residence title (refugee protection, asylum), you will automatically get a residence permit. 

If your appeal is denied and your asylum claim is rejected, you still have the chance to receive a residence title through your child. It plays a role if you acknowledged paternity (Vaterschaftsanerkennung) and have shared legal custody of your child with the mother.

In case your appeal is rejected, here is a very helpful website by Flüchtlingsrat Niedersachsen on "9 perspectives after a negative decision on your asylum case" (it's in German, but translation programs help :-) :

Since I am not a lawyer, I highly advise you to seek support from a legal aid service or consult a lawyer regarding your situation, to see whether or not you should withdraw your appeal now.

Here is a list of German pro bono legal aid services:

Please also have a look at these threads from our platform that discuss how to get a residence permit through having a child:

How to get a Meldebestätigung in order to apply for a residence permit? 

How can I get a residence permit for Germany having a German child?

Advice on getting residency permit for Germany 

I hope this information helps. Feel free to reach out to us again if you need any further assistance!

Kind regards,


answered Jan 24, 2019 by Isa
0 votes
Thanks for replying me am very happy for the answer,I have withdraw my asylum appeal i than i went to landratsamt to give the document the court give me and i told landratsamt that i have withdraw my appeal the women in landratsamt photocopy the document from court and ask me to go please what is landratsamt going to do to me is landratsamt going to ask me to live the camp is landratsamt going to pay me this month landratsamt promise to send me post am still waiting for the post is three days now ?  Thanks
answered Feb 6, 2019 by Oses
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,360 questions
5,219 answers
137,288 users