My husband went to Germany and became a refugee there .However , I was able to go to Canada and get a permanent resident and now we want to live together in Canada how can we do that
asked Jun 20, 2018 in Legal advice by sama | 1,112 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @sama

If you have a permanent residence permit in Canada, you can bring your husband there through family reunification. The following website by the Canadian government gives an overview of the topic:


Keep in mind that you'll have to be able to cover the basic expenses for your partner and that you mustn't rely on social benefits. For a complete list of requirements, please check out this link:


As far as I can see, it also costs a few just to process family reunion. For detailed information I'd recommend to get in contact with the Canadian aliens department as they are the ones that can give you precise advice on the exact procedure and requirements. Maybe they can tell you about family reunification programmes for refugees that are less expensive.

Best regards,


answered Jun 21, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,128 questions
6,092 answers
139,110 users