asked Feb 28, 2018 in Legal advice by Zichako | 4,235 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Zichako

Nice to hear from you again!

In order to apply for asylum in Canada you need to be inside of the country. You need a visa in order to get there and I'm pretty sure that your Aufenthaltsgestattung will hinder this process. On a side note: Leaving Germany during your asylum procedure is not allowed and will result in your procedure to end.

It's not possible to apply for asylum from outside of Canada directly. You can get recognized as a refugee by UNHCR. If they pick you for resettlement you might be sent to Canada - or any other safe country that is willing to take you in (you can't choose it yourself). But I assume that your ongoing asylum procedure in Germany will be a reason for UNHCR to not select you because you already reached a safe country and got an asylum procedure there.


Best regards,


answered Feb 28, 2018 by Thor
If someone already got rejection letter from Germany authority and must leave the country, is there any chance to apply for a resident visa in Canada?
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,198 questions
6,176 answers
139,179 users