I am 21 years old Can I ask my father, mother, sister and brother from Iraq to Germany and like me living in Germany?
asked Aug 13, 2018 in Legal advice by Danyar | 818 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hello @Danyar

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question.

It is possible for acknowledged refugees to reunite with their core family through family reunification. However, it's limited to spouses and their (underage) children. Children younger than 18 years have a right to get reunited with their parents, but it doesn't include siblings. Brothers and sisters could come after the parents got a residence permit. But since you are 21 already it's not going to be possible to bring your parents to Germany unfortunately.

It is possible for Ausländerbehörde to make an excemption if you can provide convincing reasons why it's necessary to bring your family to Germany (e.g. because your parents are too old so that you have to take care of them). But that's a discretionary decision for Ausländerbehörde - they can refuse.

If you can, you should consult a counselling center or a lawyer that can take a closer **** at your case. Maybe they have another idea.


(German language): https://***.berlin.de/willkommenszentrum/familie/nachzug-von-familienangehoerigen/


Best regards,


answered Aug 13, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,259 questions
6,259 answers
139,249 users