Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
0 votes
I live in the Netherlands and I have a permanent residence here. My boyfriend is an asylum seeker in the Netherland and we planning on getting married soon. We have been together for almost 3years. I would like to know if it is possible for us to get married in Denmark because I heard its the easiest way. if not, where can I get married to him without any problems.
asked Mar 13 in Legal advice by Bemi (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Bemi

Welcome to our community and thank you for your question!

I doubt that it's going to be possible for your boyfriend to travel to Denmark whilst being an asylum seeker. Usually you are not allowed to leave the country with that legal status. Maybe he can get a special permit at the Dutch aliens department for that.

But it's possible to marry in Netherlands if one or both of the spouses are foreigners. We had a quite similar question here on Wefugee just yesterday. Please check out the link that I posted over there:

Apart from that it's probably best to get in contact with the municipality to find out about the exact requirements.

Best regards,


answered Mar 14 by Thor (45,630 points)
1,296 questions
1,818 answers
3,361 users