asked Jul 3, 2018 in Legal advice by Nelly Overcomer | 568 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+2 votes

Hello Nelly,

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question.

Since you are an officially acknowledged refugee you should be able to travel to Denmark in order to marry there. Beforehand, you and your partner should get in contact with the Danish registry office that you want to marry at. They will tell you exactly which documents you need to hand in.

In general, both of you need to submit a valid passport/ID, a certificate of birth, a document that shows your marital status (it proves that you are not married at the moment and shows where you are currently residing) and a notice of marriage (it's a form that you can download e.g. like this one: ****://***.getmarriedindenmark.***/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/ab-N-of-M-2015.pdf --> but you'll probably have to download it from the website of the registry office that you want to marry at).

In addition, you might have to show them your Italian residence permit (to prove that you are legally residing in the EU), and depending on your situation also a certificate of divorce or a certificate of death, if you or your partner have been married previously.

Best regards,


answered Jul 4, 2018 by Thor
Please i will also like to know if the Refugee Passport would be accepted as My Nationality isn't stated in the Passport, and also Secondly if my countrys Passport will be better along with my Resident Permit. And other required Documents
Sorry for the questions I will also like to know if I can get the Marital Status Certificate (Bachelorhood Certificate) and also the Attestation of Birth from My Country of Origin as My Birth wasn't Registered then. My uncle have accepted to get me all those required Documents, please i really need help from you thanks
No need to apologize for questions - that's what this website is made for ;)

As I said above, it's probably best to get in touch with the Danish registry office directly. They will tell you which documents you need exactly and whether the ones you are able to submit are sufficient or not.
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,133 questions
6,108 answers
139,113 users