Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
asked Oct 7, 2020 in Legal advice by Royy63

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Best answer

Dear @Royy63,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

The platform and our experts are based in Germany. Therefore, I am afraid that we might not be able to give too detailed advice or share experience on Dutch (marriage/residence) regulations. 

I made some research and found this website which states that you most probably need a residence permit (which means that you need to finish your asylum case) if you both live in the Netherlands, one of you is not Dutch and you want to marry. But please follow the link to get more details. 

 I hope this helps and all the best,


answered Oct 7, 2020 by Meike
selected Oct 7, 2020 by Royy63
Thank you for the response.
I also have another issue, my girlfriend is also expecting our child soon, so I wanted to find out what my possibilities are after the birth of our child.

1.Will I be allowed to father the child considering that I am still in the asylum procedure??
2. Do I still have to wait for my asylum procedure to be completed or is the another route I can use to get married to my girlfriend and start living together ??
Kind regards
3,621 questions
4,346 answers
135,530 users