Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Dear all,

I live in Austria and I already have my asylem, at the moment I am studying in the university and I work part time. So.. my fiancé also have asylem and he lives in Germany, at the moment he is working full time.

My question is: After getting married in Austria.. How can he move here? Where to start from? and how long does this procedure take?

Thank you in advance!
asked Oct 1 in Other Questions by Safa

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Safa,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

Sorry for the rather late reply. The platform and our experts are based in Germany and I am unfortunately also not too familiar with Austrian immigration laws and procedures. I assume that you need to fulfil certain requirements to get a family reunification visa and a residence permit for your spouse. I recommend you to contact a local migration counselling office to discuss the details. The Caritas is offering those kind of services (free of charge and confidential), for instance. I found this website which includes a search engine for offices in the whole country. 

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Oct 23 by Meike
3,398 questions
4,167 answers
135,022 users