I am a refugee in Italy planning to get married to my Austrian fiancé,but I was asked to bring a legalized birth certificate from the Austrian embassy in my home country and also a certificate of single status from my country embassy...as a refugee I can’t contact my embassy or go to my home country,what should I do in this situation because it seems it is impossible to get married without these documents.
asked Dec 6, 2019 in Other Questions by Amen | 730 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
hello dear , I have been in same situation it is not possible to get married until you got all the proper documents they ask for .
you need birth certificate , register of civil status (to proof that you are not married ) with apostilles  , proof of incomes from you and your fiance , passport copy or original .
I don't know where you come from but I have made an authorization to a Notar and sent to my mother so she was able without me going in my home country to take all those documents .In other case I would suggest you to find out if there is any Consulate of your country in Italy so maybe they can help you .

wish you good luck
answered Dec 7, 2019 by
do they accept passport copy? am in the same situation my fiancé is an asylum seeker in germany and am a EU citizen. He only have a copy of his passport...
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,299 questions
6,289 answers
139,293 users