I live in austria but I don't have the austrian citizenship. I only have an grey passport that shows my refugee status. The guy I want to marry lives in turkey but he is an syrian and also only has an refugee status. Is there any possible way we can marry and live together? Either in austria or in turkey or in other countries of europe?

I appreciate any kind of help

Have a nice day
asked Aug 25, 2020 in Home & Living by Aysha11 | 395 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @Aysha11

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for sharing your question. 

Our platform and our experts are based in Germany, therefore it might be difficult to give tailored answers regarding Austrian immigration and residence law. However, I assume that it will be very difficult to get a Austrian visa for Syrian nationals to marry in Austria. If you want to marry in Turkey, you will need to apply for a Turkish visa respectively. In Germany, for instance, married couples need to fulfill certain requirements (like being independent from social money) for a family reunification visa. 

I will link two of our experts here as well. Dear @mbeon-caritas or @mbe-on_Zsigó, can you give any advice or add information? 

All the best, 


answered Aug 28, 2020 by Meike
0 votes
Dear @Aysha11, I am a Migration Consultant at Caritas and mbeon. Meike linked me to your question and I would like to agree with her. Maybe you have the possibility to get more Information about the legal possibilities at a Migration counseling Center near you. I wish you all the best. Many greetings, mbeon-caritas
answered Aug 28, 2020 by mbeon-caritas
Thank you for your quick reply, dear @mbeon-caritas! :-) Best, Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,772 questions
5,701 answers
138,537 users