Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I want to marry a Syrian man in Turkey. I am British but have dual nationality British / Turkish. We want to go back to the UK to live but marry in Turkey. Is this possible and what is the situation regarding us going to the UK.
asked Feb 23, 2019 in Legal advice by Janet77

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Janet77,

Thank you for reaching out to Wefugees with your question.

A very similar question has been asked and answered before, please have a look at the following threads from our platform:

Marrying a refugee in Turkey - what to do first and can we travel afterwards?

Is it possible to get married In Turkey as an US citizen with an illegal Syrian refugee?

As I'm not expert of Turkish marriage law, the advice that is given in these answers may help. Also, once you two are married, you can apply for family reunion in order to live together in the UK. Please have a look at this UK government website on family reunion:

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions!

All the best,


answered Feb 25, 2019 by Isa
3,895 questions
4,665 answers
136,208 users