Me and my wife got married on December 15 2018 and we have a baby girl which is 1 YEAR AND 3 months old.. I am an asylum seeker here in Austria and my wife is also from Austria and we are living together..  since we got married we have been trying to get a residence permit for me so that I can also start working and take care of my family which is becoming difficult for my wife to do alone considering the fact that I can't do an official work as an asylum seeker here.. it seems that getting the residence permit is something that is getting impossible as we don't know what else to do right now in this regard.. Please I want someone to advice us on what to do.. what can we do to get this residence permit for me.. are there lawyers that can help in this regard?.. any information that I get here will help me a great deal.. thank you..
asked Feb 6, 2019 in Legal advice by Ezimoprince | 1,638 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @Ezimoprince,

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with receiving a residence permit. The problems you are experiencing probably result from not having a legal status in Austria, as you are still in your asylum procedure. 

Have you applied for family unification? Find more information on how to apply and what documents are required here: https://***.migration.gv.at/en/types-of-immigration/permanent-immigration/family-reunification/

More on residence permits in Austria: https://***.wien.gv.at/english/e-government/documents/residence/indefinite-leave/family-members.html

In order to receive more support in person, you can reach out to one of these legal aid services who support refugees in Austria. First, here is a list of Austrian pro bono services: ****://***.refugeelegalaidinformation.org/austria-pro-bono-directory

And the contact details of various refugee support services: https://***.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/hlpd/public/content/298/Seite.2980022.html

I hope this information helps! Feel free to reach out to us again if you need any further assistance.

Take care, Best,


answered Feb 14, 2019 by Isa
Dear @Isa Thanks a lot for the wonderful answer.. I really appreciate it.. I want to tell you that I have been trying a lot on my own to apply for family visa but it has not been easy..after our marriage we went to the BH to apply and the person there told me that I have go out of Austria and apply from outside.. The BFA.. which is the immigration police are with my international passport and the only way I can get it back is to cancel my Asylum process.. and that will be a straight deportation to my country.. please I want to know if there is any private lawyer that you can recommend for me as I believe this is the only way I can go ahead with this.. it will help me a great deal if I can a lawyer that will help me out with all these things.. Thanks a lot.. Ezimo Prince
0 votes
Brother contact me on +1 615 266 4105 WhatsApp only. I may help in legal advice
answered Apr 18, 2023 by Speedrace
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,255 questions
6,245 answers
139,247 users