Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Dear Sir/Madam I'm an asylum seeker in Germany and currently i live in a camp the BAMF already rejected my case, and during the time that i applied for my asylum i gave them my passport. And now i want to get married to my Belgian Girlfriend we have been dating for more than 8 months how can i do that?
asked Feb 14, 2020 in Legal advice by Agha

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Agha,

Thank you for reaching out to the Wefugees Community.

Marrying as an rejected asylum seeker in Germany is not impossible, but also not easy. You will need to hand in many documents. Also, your only option might be to marry here, as you can not travel/leave the country and come back as a Duldung holder. 

The topic of marriage was discussed many times already on this platform. Please see, for example, this thread for more information. You may also want to check our blog, in which the required documents are listed.

Regarding your passport at the BAMF, you could try to ask them to give you a legally attested copy of it.

At the end, the authorities will always try to make sure, that your marriage is also not a "fake" marriage.

I hope this helps and good luck,



answered Mar 6, 2020 by Meike
3,673 questions
4,418 answers
135,645 users