I'm a failed Asylum seeker and my gf is living in America. She would like to come and stay in Germany so we can get married. Is this possible? please help.
asked Mar 6, 2018 in Legal advice by Wedlove | 1,317 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hello @Wedlove

Welcome to our community and thank you for your question!

Yes, in general it is possible for you to get married. Since you are a failed asylum seeker, the only way for you to marry is that your fiancé comes to Germany because you are not allowed to travel.

But you have to keep in mind that marriage in Germany is a quite complicated process that might take some time. You have to submit a number of documents at registry office - including your passport. That might lead to deportation, but it is inevitable if you want to marry. In addition, some documents might need to be sent to your home country in order to verify them. This procedure can take up to several months. But you run the risk of getting deported in the meanwhile.

So unfortunately there are a lot of obstacles to overcome :/

Best regards,


answered Mar 16, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,292 questions
6,289 answers
139,284 users