Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
i'm from Ghana  and i have been in germany since last year. I came to Germany after a studying in Luxembourg   and found a German girl friend. At the moment my German girlfriend is pregnant for three months and she needs me to be closer to her. However, i don't have any visa or residence permit in Europe since my one year schengen expired 6 months ago.

i'm asking what do i need to do to be granted a residence permit in Germany,

And if i will apply for asylum is that gonna help?

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon
asked Oct 6, 2019 in Legal advice by wilsin193
@wilsin193, how is your case going? Have they answer you ? Did they ask you to go back to Ghana and come back with family reunion visa? Or have they grant you Resident permit ? I am illegal also and my woman will soon give birth that's why I am asking so I can know what to do . I need to know what you do also. Give me guidelines thanks

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @wilsin193,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thanks for sharing your question with us!

We discussed a similar situation earlier on this platform - you may want to check the following thread for more information. 

As Ghana is one of the so-called “safe countries of origin”, you will probably be faced with more difficult conditions, in case you apply for asylum. 

If I understood correctly, the authorities do not know about your stay in Germany at the moment? 

I would highly recommend you to seek some individual legal advice, for example in a migration counseling office. Please let us know if you need some support in finding one close to your current location. 

I hope this helps and all the best for you,


answered Oct 6, 2019 by Meike
0 votes
Hello David 123,
I took a lawyer who applied for a Duldung for me until the baby is born and it has been granted but they have told me to go back to Ghana  for the family reunion visa after the child is born. So I am working on it with my lawyer
answered Feb 11, 2020 by wilsin193
@wilsin193 when they said you should go back to your home country , what did you lawyer said ? Did he say he can fight it in court when that time reach ? And any hope of staying without going back? Did he say anything ?
He said I should leave everything to him to work on it especially when the child is born. He is at the moment on leave so I will see him next week for any updates
@wilsin193 but have you seen anybody that win such case before?
@wilsin193 help me ask your lawyer if it's possible to win such case ..then tell me what he said here. Thanks
3,488 questions
4,241 answers
135,208 users