Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Can settlement permit(Niederlassungerlaubnis) be stopped after months of application  because  of separation from Deutsche Family? If yes, what will be done next? Family existed already for 3yrs and 4 months.
asked Aug 3 in Legal advice by LuckyD

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @LuckyD,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Wefugee Community!

As far as I know, will you probably still qualify for the "privileged" Niederlassungserlaubnis (permanent settlement permit) according to §28 Abs. 2 S. 1 AufenthG due to your marriage with a German citizen. If you want to check the requirements for the regular permanent settlement permit according to §9 AufenthG, please have a look here. However, as your marriage lasted for more than 3 years, you will always still have the option to apply for an extension of your limited residence permit according to §28 Abs. 3 in connection to §31 Abs. 1 Nr.1 AufenthG.

I hope this helps and please feel free to get back to us with any further questions!

All the best,


answered Aug 12 by Meike
Thank you Meike! I was given Fiktionbescheinigung for three months after my three years temporary resident permit now they renewed it again for another three months before I got separated.  Can I still get my Niederlassungerlaubnis ( Settlement permanent) still working and have my B2 exam this Saturday.
2,472 questions
3,045 answers
131,821 users