Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Can settlement permit(Niederlassungerlaubnis) be stopped after months of application  because  of separation from Deutsche Family? If yes, what will be done next? Family existed already for 3yrs and 4 months.
asked Aug 3, 2019 in Legal advice by LuckyD

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @LuckyD,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Wefugee Community!

As far as I know, will you probably still qualify for the "privileged" Niederlassungserlaubnis (permanent settlement permit) according to §28 Abs. 2 S. 1 AufenthG due to your marriage with a German citizen. If you want to check the requirements for the regular permanent settlement permit according to §9 AufenthG, please have a look here. However, as your marriage lasted for more than 3 years, you will always still have the option to apply for an extension of your limited residence permit according to §28 Abs. 3 in connection to §31 Abs. 1 Nr.1 AufenthG.

I hope this helps and please feel free to get back to us with any further questions!

All the best,


answered Aug 12, 2019 by Meike
Thank you Meike! I was given Fiktionbescheinigung for three months after my three years temporary resident permit now they renewed it again for another three months before I got separated.  Can I still get my Niederlassungerlaubnis ( Settlement permanent) still working and have my B2 exam this Saturday.

Dear @LuckyD

In order to keep questions and answers as transparent as possible on this platform, I just closed the new thread you opened with the same content of your comment here. I hope this is okay for you. 

The authorities issue a "Fiktionsbescheinigung" when you applied for a residence permit or a settlement permit and they are not able to decide on it immediately. Issuing a Fiktionsbescheinigung in your case was probably also the normal procedure and I assume that you will need to wait for the outcome now. In legal terms, the Fiktionsbescheinigung will grant you the same rights you had with your status/residence permit before you applied for the new documents. 

I hope this helps and please get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


I am very gratefull Meike, thank you so much for your  wonderful legal counselling here. To me particularly,  it helps a lot. Wish to verify another thing from you in camera not public. or you can use  this very email I used here.
3,168 questions
3,944 answers
134,576 users