I have a german child with my german girlfriend and after 4 months I was issued 1year aufenthaltstitels Abs 1 s 1 nr3
We all have ammeldung in the same one which I was the one paying  the rent. And I find work in another city which the pay me more than my old work. And the city was far from my city which I cannot make it going and coming.  And my new chef told the play a house for workers who come from a far distance and I explained everything to my girlfriend and I will coming everry six days to spend 2 day with her and my child and I told her is not permanent is just temporary to boast my certificate I got.
After  little time she went to remove my ammeldung from her house please can this affect my document if I want to renew it.
I want to know rules that will affect my document
asked Mar 21, 2021 in Legal advice by Gentle james | 1,524 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear Gentle james, 

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again. 

I am sorry to hear about your situation - do I understand correctly that you and your child's mother ended your relationship? Regarding the requirements for the residence permit according to §28 (1) No. 3 (as parent of a German child), it is not absolutely necessary to be registered at the same address as your child. Instead, the authorities will more likely check if you share the custody for the child. You need to prove that you have a parent-child relation and you are actually taking care of and see the child regularly. The law calls this "familiäre Lebensgemeinschaft". Another relevant aspect is the financial child support. In case you face difficulties in finding agreements regarding seeing the child etc., you may ask the local "Jugendamt" for support as well. They are always aiming at acting in the child's best interest and could play a mediating role between you and your child's mother. In the worst case and if you both can not find any solution, you may need to take the case to court. However, I really hope that you can find good ways of communication and common sense - especially regarding the benefit and well-being of your child. 

I hope this helps and I will also link two of our experts here: Dear @mbeon-Rukundo or @mbeon-Christine, do you agree with my explanations and/or is there anything you would like to add? 

All the best, 


answered Mar 21, 2021 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,296 questions
6,289 answers
139,288 users