Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
My Friend is a Student in Germany and the Girlfriend just gave Birth toand Not they are not married.
They did vaterschaft and they Shared responsibilty 50/50.
The son is Not  German national but Holding a temporary 3 years residence.
Can he claim residence through the son who is Not German National?
closed with the note: its abswered
asked Sep 12, 2018 in Legal advice by Pan 123
closed Dec 27, 2018 by Pan 123
Thankyou so much for your help.
Yes he is having Permit for Ausbildung and his name Appears on Birth certificate as the Father.
They Sharing 50/50 rights of the Child for the Kid Holding Temporary Permit .
So he can still make Application even though the Child is Not Germany National?
The Law you sent above is Talking about Germany Nationality.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello @Pan123,

thank you for sharing the question with the community.

The question your friends is facing is dealt with under § 4StAG:

according to this law: if it is certified that he is the father of the child in question- than he is eligible to apply for an Aufenthaltserlaubnis.

As he is a Student I assume he has a Studentvisa- so in that case he and his Girlfriend should seek a consultation by one of the organisations offering it for free and then they might need a lawyer who can process the application.

I hope I could assist you with the guidance. If there any further question, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

answered Sep 12, 2018 by Nilab
I have same issue! My girlfriend is 3 months pregnant(She has Permit for Ausbildung,She is SouthAfrican! I‘m here in Germany ilegally(No Asylum in any country)! What are my changes to get a permit through my child?
3,713 questions
4,462 answers
135,809 users