I'll ask Shortly
Where we will live after we marry
I live in a country that is not yet in Europe
And I can not travel without visa
Hope it was understandable my Question
asked Aug 23, 2018 in Legal advice by Loni | 806 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hello @Loni

Nice to hear from you again.

You can marry in Finland. Your fiancé should get in touch with the local registry office to learn more about the requirements and the exact procedure (see links below). 



But you have to keep in mind that you can't apply for a residence permit based on family ties immediately after the wedding. Your spouse has to have lived in Finland for at least 2 years with a residence permit, before you are entitled to join. That means if you want to live together you either have to wait for 2 years or try to find a way to live in your home country (e.g. through a residence permit for your future spouse). Here you will find further information about the legal framework in Finland (you have to pick the most fittin option from the list):


Best regards,


answered Aug 24, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,295 questions
6,289 answers
139,288 users