Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
If you have refugee passport from Italy and your country passport from Senegal. Which one can i use if i want to apply for permit of residence in Germany or working visa
asked Aug 9, 2018 in Legal advice by Lamin7746

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hello @Lamin7746

Nice to hear from you again.

In order to get a visa to enter Germany, you have to have a valid passport or another document that is valid for purposes of identification ("Passersatz" or "Ausweisersatz"). The underlying law is AufenthG §3 (

In accordance with AufenthG §48 (2) a residence title which contains information about its owner and a photo, is sufficient to work as a substitute for a passport (

To me it looks like you can either use your home country's passport or the document that has been issued by the Italian government (if it fulfils the criteria mentioned above).

Best regards,


answered Aug 10, 2018 by Thor
Thanks you alot
4,040 questions
4,808 answers
136,520 users