Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello guys.. i am a refugee in italy, i have germany girl.. and we want to married in italy... but my woman said she need to submit the copy of my national passport and the copy of my italian documents so that she can get her certificate of which shows she is not married...whiles we want to married in italy.. did she need to submit my copies of documents so that she can get her bachilo certificate,,,i just want to know what she need when we want to married in italy ... and how can she get for me i get my birthday certificate my national passport my certificate which shows that am not married and my italy document but is expired i change it but is not yet out,, but am having the receipt,,, i need ideas guys please someone help,,thank you all
asked Apr 26, 2018 in Legal advice by Wayne carter
edited Apr 26, 2018 by Wayne carter

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello Wayne

Nice to hear from you again!

A German citizen that wants to marry abroad usually needs an "Ehefähigkeitszeugnis" (certificate of no impediment). In order to get it, s/he needs to hand in both the passports/ID of the future spouses (and maybe some other documents too, depending on the circumstances) at the competent registry office. I don't know whether copies of your passport will be sufficient, but I assume that she got in contact with officials already to clarify which documents they need to see.

Best regards,

answered Apr 27, 2018 by Thor
3,705 questions
4,453 answers
135,799 users