Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
+2 votes
If you have refugee passport from Italy and your country passport from Senegal. Which one can i use if i want to apply for permit of residence in Germany or working visa
asked Aug 9 in Legal advice by Lamin7746 (170 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hello @Lamin7746

Nice to hear from you again.

In order to get a visa to enter Germany, you have to have a valid passport or another document that is valid for purposes of identification ("Passersatz" or "Ausweisersatz"). The underlying law is AufenthG §3 (

In accordance with AufenthG §48 (2) a residence title which contains information about its owner and a photo, is sufficient to work as a substitute for a passport (

To me it looks like you can either use your home country's passport or the document that has been issued by the Italian government (if it fulfils the criteria mentioned above).

Best regards,


answered Aug 10 by Thor (62,450 points)
Thanks you alot
1,660 questions
2,255 answers
10,673 users