Greeting sir/madam
I have my girlfriend in Germany and she is the native of Germany and I'm from Nepal  and we both want to settle there by getting married so if there is any possibility to settle there in Germany
If the answer is yes, how we gonna make it and what would be the procedure
Looking forward to your kind reply

Best regards...
asked Aug 1, 2018 in Legal advice by Kishor | 854 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+2 votes
Hi welcome to the Community, you and your girl friend can try getting married, she can come to Nepal to marry you there that would be the easiest option of getting Married or you can decide to apply for German Marriage Visa and then marry in Germany. If you choose to Marry in Nepal, after successfully marrying there you can apply for family reunion Visa to join your wife. and then after arriving in Germany you can then apply for the German Residence Permit. The Residence Permits are normally issued for a duration of 3 years after then you can apply for Permanent Residence Permits or German Citizenship. If you are still legally married and if you meet up with the requirements like having adequate knowledge of German e.g B1level, Tax and other requirements. Or if you got a Marriage visa to Marry in Germany after successfully marrying in Germany you can also then apply for the German Residence Permits same rules apply towards your Residency status
Best regards
answered Aug 2, 2018 by Nelly Overcomer
Thank you Nelly for providing so many great answers about marriage issues! All the best, Thorgen
+1 vote

Hello @Kishor

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question.

In addition to Nellys answer, you might also want to check out this article on the Wefugees blog about the marriage procedure in Germany:


Best regards,


answered Aug 3, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,695 questions
5,610 answers
138,309 users