Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I come from a non European Union State . I was married for 11 years with a EU citizen wife and have two greek children . We came to live in germany 4 years ago and this year we got  through divorce . She got the custody of our children . I currently have an ausweis wich is due next year . In my ausweis it is written : "residence card of a family member of a union citizen" . Due to low income i can't support my children but once in two weeks they stay with me . What should i do to renew my ausweis so i am not dependent on my EU ex-wife anymore ?
asked Jul 31, 2018 in Legal advice by Ant
Hello @Ant - Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question. I will link @WKZB1 so that he can provide an answer tomorrow. Best regards, Thorgen

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Dear @Ant, Despite the divorce of your marriage, you can retain the right of residence in Germany and get your residence card (Aufenthaltskarte) extended if your marriage existed for at least 3 years, including at least 1 year in Germany, before the divorce proceedings were initiated and you yourself are an employee. Furthermore, despite the divorce, you still have the right of residence if you have been granted the right of access to your minor children in Germany only, by virtue of an agreement with your ex-wife or by a court ruling. In order to renew your residence card, you must present your employment contract, your last three pay slips, the divorce decision, the agreement with your ex-wife or the court ruling of the right of access to the Immigration Authority when applying for the extension of your residence card. Best regards WKZB1
answered Aug 8, 2018 by WKZB1
Thank you very much for every information !
3,847 questions
4,615 answers
136,127 users