hi ,

me (non eu national) and my wife (eu national) are getting divorce after living togather for more than 4 years and its been more than two years we been living in germany now situation is my wife left the germany a 2 months ago and applied the divorced from her own country and it will b done in few months time

my questions are ,

1) i can apply resident permit with section 3(5) ??

if yes then

2) is it important that she have to live in germany until i change my status or it doesn't matter even if she is not living in germany from now on  ??
asked Feb 13, 2020 in Legal advice by Parthi dharan | 947 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear Parthi dharan,

Welcome backt to the Wefugees Community!

Please have a **** at the responses to your last questions with similar content (i.e. here). One of our experts was giving some important information already.

I am not too familiar with the EU law/freedom of movement. But for an independent residence permit, being able to cover your own costs of living will most probably be a requirement latest after one year/for the extension of the residence permit. Am I right on this @manrhei-mbeon?

All the best,


answered Mar 6, 2020 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,329 questions
6,333 answers
139,339 users