Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
0 votes
I’ve received a scholarship to study bachelors in Berlin. I live in Austria and am on refugee status and have the Geneva travel document. Would that be possible?
asked Jul 6 in Education by Abdullah.Rh (110 points)

Hello @Abdullah.Rh Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question. I will link our experts on educational topics @BildungsberaterIn of LernLaden Neukölln, Fadi of @Arrivo-EMSA and @KironHelpDesk In addition I will do some research and try to find an answer myself. Best regards, Thorgen

2 Answers

0 votes

Hello Abdullah

I did a little bit of research and found out that you need a visa in order to study here in Germany.

You have to get in contact with a German diplomatic representation in Austria in order to apply for such a visa.


Here you find an overview of all German embassies and consulates in Austria:

You will most likely have to provide evidence that you are able to pay for your living expenses on your own. Since you've been granted a scholarship that should make things easier.

Best regards,


answered Jul 9 by Thor (62,450 points)
Thank you very much for your answer, really appreciate it. Actually, that was so helpful. All the best, Abdullah
0 votes
Hi Abdullah,

Unfortunately there is not much more I can add to what Thorgen suggested. You would definitely need a student visa to move to Germany but maybe the university that accepts your application can help you with the bureaucracy to request a visa. You should ask, besides trying out Thorgen's good tips.

answered Jul 11 by KironHelpDesk (1,200 points)
1,771 questions
2,359 answers
23,121 users