Thor is right. Having a job doesn´t improve your chance of getting recognized as a refugee, but could help you to get a legal residence in Germany later. If your asylum application is refused, there is a possibility for you to receive a residence permit in accordance to § 25b Aufenthaltsgesetz granted, if you:
- have stayed at least eight years without interruption in Germany with Duldung, Aufenthaltsgestattung or residence Permit (six years of stay for families with minors);
- cover the living expenses predominantly (at least 51%) by yourselves (exceptions when in professional training, studying etc.);
- own German language skills A2;
- have not deceived about your identity and origin;
- possess a passport or are able to demonstrate you cannot get one.