Good day Wefugees,

I have a tourist visa to a third country (USA). I will be travelling from Istanbul  but transiting through either London or Frankfurt (Possibly Munich too). I know Asylum proceedings in the EU are regulated by the Dublin III convention and that USA is not a part of it . Is there any convention between The US and the European countries, particularly Germany and UK? Will I be detained? Will I be deported? Will I be sent to the US? I am really confused and I don't know what to do! I know what you are thinking... I am not applying for asylum in the US since my life there will be hell. I am already broke, I can only afford a one-way ticket to the US and asylum procedures there are very expensive and can take a long time. Will having a US visa affect my case negatively?

What is the better option? UK or Germany? I am an atheist and bisexual, that is why I am leaving the country! 

Please tell me if there is anything else that I should be worried about or if you have any suggestion or better ideas!

Thank you!

asked May 11, 2018 in Asylum proceedings by Helpme | 2,334 views
I am really desperate and looking for an answer urgently!! Does anyone have any information??
Hello @Helpme - Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question. Unfortunately I couldn't really find information on this specific topic. Maybe @WKZB1 of Willkommenszentrum Berlin or @Steven @Marcel have an idea. Best regards, Thorgen
Thank you very much @Thor Dear @WKZB1 @Steven @Marcel, I would be really grateful if you have any information that you could share with me!!!

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @Helpme,

That you have a tourist visa from the United States is not relevant to the question regarding which country is responsible for your asylum procedure. It´s also not relevant for the outcome of your asylum application in Germany. In Germany, it is possible to apply for asylum in the transit area. Information on this special asylum procedure can be found at the following link of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees:


Unfortunately I can´t give you any information about the asylum procedure in Great Britain.

Best regards


answered May 16, 2018 by WKZB1
Thank you very much @WKZB1 !!
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,303 questions
6,291 answers
139,299 users