Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I hope you are safe and sound.i just want to ask is it possible to get scholarship in Germany for MS in agricultural studies .my asylum is granted in Italy thanks
asked Mar 20, 2018 in Education by Dj
Dont think so but you can try!

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @DJ

Welcome to our community!

Before I try to answer your question, here are a few things to keep in mind:

As a refugee you are allowed to travel within EU, but you can only stay abroad without a visa for a maximum of 90 days within half a year. So if you want to study in Germany you need a visa for that. Here you will find extensive information about this topic in English:

In addition you will have to apply for a residence permit at Ausländerbehörde once you came to Germany.

I don't know if the procedure outlined above is applicable for refugees. So first of all I recommend you to get in contact with the Italian aliens department to figure out if it is possible for you to study abroad in general. After that you should get in touch with a German agency abroad (like an embassy) to get detailed information about the next steps that you have to take.

Now to come back to your initial question: I would say it always depends on the terms and conditions of the scholarship that you want to apply for (e.g. if they are open to foreigners etc.). Do you have a specific scholarship in mind that we can do some research about?

Best regards,


answered Mar 21, 2018 by Thor
3,969 questions
4,735 answers
136,352 users