Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

as most probably i will get the Ausbldung contract this year starting from August/ September. i want to know, if i start doing Ausbildung, do i have to leave the Apartment where i am currently staying as i am working and paying the rent. i am getting nothing benefits  from Govt from Nov 2016. Is there any way i can stay here in this apartment and pay some of rent and some i can apply for BAfög (Ausbildung Wohnung Geld) or i have to shift to my Reception centre where they first shifted me to stay ?
asked Mar 15, 2018 in Home & Living by Dreamchaser

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Hello @Sandy

Nice to hear from you again.

If your income during Ausbildung is not sufficient to pay for a living you can apply for BAföG or BAB ("Berufsausbildungsbeihilfe"). You are eligible for it after staying in Germany for 15 months (or longer) without interruption (with Aufenthaltsgestattung and/or Duldung).

Usually it is not possible to get Wohngeld during Ausbildung. You can only apply for it if you are not eligible for BAföG or BAB.

Best regards,


answered Mar 16, 2018 by Thor
0 votes
hi, from my experience you dont have to leave your current accommodation although you can rent your private one if you wish so. As you are paying then during your "Ausbildung" you have to just inform your "Rathhaus" then you can continue your living and as for "Wohngeld" you are not entitled but for "Berufsausbildungsbeihilfe" you can just apply on online but not sure whether or not you will get anything but try.
answered Mar 19, 2018 by Smile
3,621 questions
4,347 answers
135,532 users