Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I want to get married..I have an unlimited contract  job,am an asylum seeker.but my girlfriend have a resident permit..we have two kids together. .and my salary won't take both of us..can the government support us
asked Aug 21, 2018 in Money by cboy7

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hello @cboy7

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question.

Did you apply for "Kindergeld" (child benefits) at "Familienkasse" of Jobcenter? That's 194€ per child per month. Additionally, your wife is entitled to get financial support (ALGII) through Jobcenter. Keep in mind that if you are living together you might be treated as a "Bedarfsgemeinschaft" by Jobcenter. That means your wife's ALGII might get lowered since you are having an income that is used to finance the household.

Best regards,


answered Aug 23, 2018 by Thor
4,045 questions
4,816 answers
136,527 users