Hello everyone,

2 years ago, I could make it, and come to Germany as a student from Gaza, Palestine. I was able to survive in Germany because of a scholarship I was awarded. I studied in an international program in something linked to social sciences and education. So, every thing was in English. Unfortunately, I barely speak German.

Right now, I am about to finish my studies here, and my scholarship will stop. I can not find a job in Germany because everywhere I go, I must show my German skills. As I studied something related to humantarian and education field (in English), it is very hard to find any job that does not demand German mastery. I will be run out of money soon, and I cannot renew my visa because I am not able to show financial ability. Also, I have strong claims and justifications to not go back to Gaza.

Unluckly, Palestinian refugee seekers in Germany are treated differntly, and they face hardship in processing their applications. I met a lot of them who got rejected after a very long time of waiting for processing their applications and judging their case!

Many people advised me that Belgium is a good place for Palestinian refugees. Therefore, I would like to apply for asylum in Belgium, but not in Germany. However, I am scared that I get deported back to Germany. Does living in Germany as a student affect my intended asylum application in Belgium? Please, help me! what law says in my case.

Thank you very much in advance!
asked Nov 30, 2017 in Legal advice by Adam | 1,519 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+4 votes
Hi @Adam :)

Germany and Belgium both signed the Dublin convention that regulates all asylum applications within EU. In general, the country where you entered Europe is responsible for your case. You will get registered and if you apply for asylum in another country they will check their database and send you back to where you resided or applied for the first time.

You didn't apply for asylum anywhere yet, but Germany issued you a visa. That does play a role in this case. Belgium authorities will most likely refer you back to Germany if you apply for asylum there because of the visa.

All the best,
answered Dec 1, 2017 by Lea
Thank u Lea
I'm glad that I could help :) All the best
Lea, please, I need a lawyer in munich who is an expert in asylum. The lawyer should speak English so we can communicate. Would you give me your hand in this final favor?
Hi @Adam :) Have you tried search engines for lawyers? https://***.anwalt.de/suche.php?methodList%5B0%5D=handleActionAddFilter&parameterList%5BfilterName%5D=profileLanguages&parameterList%5BfilterValue%5D=Englisch&viewState=%7B%22q%22:%22%22,%22page%22:1,%22type%22:%22profile%22,%22randomSeed%22:9299,%22isMapVisible%22:0,%22oldQuery%22:%22%22,%22sortTypeprofile%22:%22random%22,%22sortDirectionprofile%22:%22desc%22,%22queryModeprofile%22:%22normal%22,%22filterListprofile%22:%5B%7B%22filterName%22:%22officeCity%22,%22filterValue%22:%22M%5Cu00fcnchen%22%7D,%7B%22filterName%22:%22practiceAreas%22,%22filterValue%22:%22Ausl%5Cu00e4nderrecht%20%26%20Asylrecht%22%7D%5D,%22sortTypeprofileProduct%22:%22relevance%22,%22sortDirectionprofileProduct%22:%22desc%22,%22queryModeprofileProduct%22:%22normal%22,%22filterListprofileProduct%22:%5B%5D,%22sortTyperating%22:%22relevance%22,%22sortDirectionrating%22:%22desc%22,%22queryModerating%22:%22normal%22,%22filterListrating%22:%5B%5D,%22sortTypearticle%22:%22relevance%22,%22sortDirectionarticle%22:%22desc%22,%22queryModearticle%22:%22normal%22,%22filterListarticle%22:%5B%5D,%22aggregationVisibilityList%22:%7B%22radius%22:false,%22officeCity%22:true,%22officeCityDistrict%22:false,%22practiceAreas%22:true,%22specialPracticeAreas%22:false,%22officeCountry%22:false,%22internationalLaws%22:false,%22profileLanguages%22:true,%22attributes%22:true%7D,%22geoLocationprofile%22:%2248.139126,%2011.580214%22%7D&q= You can set the filters on the right to find exactly what you are looking for. All the best, Lea
Select "Orte" and click on "München". Under "Rechtsgebiete" you have to chose "Ausländerrecht & Asylrecht". Then set the filter for "Sprache" to "Englisch" and you should find a list of lawyers in Munich that can help you.
I will do that. Thank you Lea. I wish you peace.
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,303 questions
6,294 answers
139,301 users