Hi, my name is Dek Sharma. I am  Bhutanese refugees in Deutschland. I live in Hamburg. I have 3 months duldung Haus pass. I would like to make a driving licence. Do I have right to make? Or as vocational training do I get any chance in any company as a learn and work option.
Right now , I do not have work permit also. I am seeking some hope and chance to move forward some how.
Thank you
asked Nov 20, 2017 in Other Questions by Sharma | 2,884 views
You can offcourse make a driving licence with Duldung. It is accepted. You cannot work if you don’t have a working permit. I can recommend you to start learning Deutsch atleast to B1 level. From there you‘ll have many options.
Can person work if he have duldung and have work permit of six months???
Yes ofcourse, definitely can work. No doubt.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+4 votes
Hello again Dek @Sharma,

There is no age limit for most of the Ausbildungs (vocational training) but there are requirements for them, depending which Ausbildung it is.
For example, for most of the ausbildungs you need to have B1 or B2 German certificate, or you need to have school ceritificate for some of the Ausbildungs. Especially if they have something to do with reading, writing and calculations.

Finding a vocational training is like finding a job. You should apply for them and it always help if you do an internship in that field before.

I hope I could help you. Once again, if you have more questions you can contact us directly.

Setareh Sadjadi
LernLaden Neukölln
Karl-Marx-Straße 131
12043 Berlin

Telefon + 49 (0)30 68 05 43 77
answered Nov 30, 2017 by BildungsberaterIn
+1 vote
Hello @Sharma

In general you are allowed to make a driver’s license even if you only got a Duldung. But you need valid documents to prove your age and other personal information. The so-called “Fahrerlaubnisbehörde” (something like an office that is responsible for issuing driving licences) will check your documents and might inquire at Ausländerbehörde if there are reasons to deny you a driver’s license. Apart from that, it should be possible for you to get a licence.

Concerning your second question:

You are allowed to do a vocational training even if you don’t have a general work permit. In order to do so you have to find an apprenticeship training position (“Ausbildungsplatz”) first. Then you can apply for a work permit for this specific vocational training at Ausländerbehörde. If they give their consent you can start the training.

Best regards,
answered Nov 20, 2017 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,328 questions
6,332 answers
139,336 users