Can anyone tell if there are legal possibilties for people from Syria who are older than 18 Years to get their family(parents, brother or sister) to Germany?
asked Jun 19, 2016 in Asylum proceedings by Ginny

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

+6 votes

do you know these informations, given by the German Office for foreign affairs?
More information about the current situation and a few links you can find here: (Original is German, translated to English by Google translate).

Kind Regards, Jan
answered Jun 19, 2016 by Jan
+3 votes
Hi Ginny,

Here is the link to BaMF´s website regarding family reunification:

So far as what I´ve read on the website, the family reunification process are for parents wishing to send for their children or spouse, or for those 18-years-old or younger who wish to send for their parents. Being 18 seems to then disqualify you for bringing your family to Germany, but I would maybe contact the Refugee Law Clinic group to verify and see if they know of any other options.

Here is a map of Refugee Law Clinics in Germany. Where do you live right now?
answered Jun 20, 2016 by julia.d
+3 votes

now that we know where you live a few more contacts (lawyers) for you:

Stefanie Ertel
Große Straße 10
27299 Langwedel
Tel: 04232/6419656
FAX: 04232/6419657

Rosemarie Heims
Rechtsanwältin, Mediatorin
Lindhooper Straße 10
27283 Verden
Fon:  0 42 31-95 18 56
Fax: 0 42 31 - 9 04 80 40

Information source: (Text in German, please use an online translation service).

Kind regards, Jan
answered Jun 22, 2016 by Jan
0 votes
Thanks for the answer , I Live in Verden so I could contact the group in Bremen
answered Jun 21, 2016 by Ginny
Keep us posted with what you find out. I hope that everything works out :)
Hi Ginny,
I know that your post is already a month old, but since your living in the surroundings of Bremen I can give you a tip where to find help concerning family union issues. There is an organisation called "help a refugee". They meet every wednesday at 16:30 at Süsterstraße 1 in Bremen. There is a group of people specialized on this topic that can help you if any further questions occur.
Hi Thor thank you for the tip, all I found out until now is actually discouraging , there was a programm in Niedersachsen that allowed people who to get their familiy here if they could care for their living for two years  and Niedersacsen offered free health insurance, but Niedersachsen stopped this programm at the end of 2015, so now its only possible if you can care for 3 years and for the health insurance ( and they plan to increase that on 5 Years..)
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,319 questions
5,160 answers
137,077 users