asked Apr 7 in Legal advice by Mashoko | 371 views
Yes they can
Enough living space
Enough money to care for them
And no depth
The relative must be

Wife or husband maybe not be for family reasons it can be through study or work

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi @Mashoko

Yes, your relatives can apply for a short-term Schengen visa for the purpose of visiting you. They will have to book an appointment at the German embassy where they live and provide various documents to support their application. Here, for example, is the checklist of required documents for people wishing to apply for this in Nigeria:


Proof of financial security is one of the things they need to show. Either they can show that they have enough money to cover their costs themselves, or you make a special declaration that commits you to covering these costs. This is called a ‘Verpflichtungserklärung’ and is done at your local Ausländerbehörde.



answered May 7 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,329 questions
6,333 answers
139,342 users