I am a accepted refugee in Germany and have a refugee blue passport. I am able to get a visitor visa for visiting Canada. My question is: can I seek asylum in Canada and stay there although I am a accepted refugee in Germany?

Thanks a lot for helping me.
asked Jul 27, 2023 in Asylum proceedings by Elina | 866 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Elina,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

The platform and our experts are based in Germany and, unfortunately, I can not share much information or any experience about the asylum/immigration system in Canada. However, I read on this official Canadian government website that "Your refugee claim may not be eligible to be referred to the IRB [Immigration and Refugee Board] if you [... ] are recognized as a Convention refugee by another country that you can return to".

Please follow the link for more information - also on other immigration options than humanitarian.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

All the best,


answered Jul 30, 2023 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,303 questions
6,294 answers
139,301 users