I came in 2016, but could not complete my bachelors. So I changed to other Bachelor course, but this is quite in interior with limited access to Minijobs. I am quite frustrated and so thought to change to Ausbildung, where I can earn a bit and I saw there is lots of demand in IT sector. I know most of the programming languages and am good at coding. But just don’t have bachelor degree. Can you advice me if I can change my status easily. Thanks in advance
asked Jan 8, 2023 in Education by Rani | 681 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Rani,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

We discussed a very similar one here, in which my colleague Christine wrote that it is generally possible to switch from a residence permit according to section 16b of the German Residence Act (for students) to a residence permit 16a (vocational training/“Ausbildung”). This table confirms her explanation. You may want to check Christine’s answer for more information. 

I hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jan 8, 2023 by Meike
Thanks a lot
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,255 questions
6,245 answers
139,247 users