Hello Wefugees, I've been living in Germany since last year I was brought here through the UNCHR in collaboration with the German Government, I have completed my B1 and now I'm planning to do my ausbildung. My first question is * I would to apply for a family reunion visa to invite my unmerried wife and son while I'm still doing my ausbildung
Second question * Is it possible for me to apply for a family reunion visa to invite my wife and kid while I'm still doing ausbildung
asked Dec 16, 2022 in Legal advice by Smart Djaba | 273 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello and welcome to the Wefugees Community!

I assume you are holding a residence permit according to section 23 (4) of the German Residence Act and you moved to Germany within the so-called resettlement programme?

Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with the family reunification process for resettlement refugees and tried to make some research. In general, resettlement refugees can bring their families to Germany (as I read here and also here) and are also entitled for the privileged procedure - that means without being able to fully cover the costs of living (of the whole family) - IF they let the immigration office know about the planned family reunification within the first 3 months after the issuing of the first residence permit ("Fristwahrende Anzeige"). 

However, I am afraid that you may face diffciulties if your marriage is not officially recognized. As there are many contingencies, I would highly recommend you to get individual support in an experienced refugee/migration counselling office or by a lawyer. 

Please let us know if you need help in finding such an organization close-by or if you have any other questions.

I will also link my colleague dear @mbeon-Christine here, maybe she can correct me if needed or add some information.

All the best,


answered Dec 18, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,256 questions
6,245 answers
139,248 users