I am a refugee and I have the residence restriction to Rhineland Pfalz. I found a great job in Baden Württemberg and I am working remotely while I search for an apartment to move there. I informed my Kreis Verwaltung about the job and sent them a copy of my contract and filled the move request form they provided. So I am waiting for a reply (it has been 4 weeks already).

I am no longer able to reach the Kreis Verwaltung worker who has my file. So I do not know what are the next steps. I also do not know if I am allowed to move there or even sign a rental agreement. I would appreciate the information and advice very much.
asked Sep 30, 2022 in Legal advice by Rooona | 409 views

Thank you for your question and your trust.  
Our experts will contact you in a few days. In the meantime, I will do a first research and give you a feedback in a few hours. Congratulations on the new job!

With best regards
Thank you! that would be great help!
I tried to reach a local counseling center for refugees and migrants in Badenwüttenberg. Unfortunately I couldn't reach anyone, but maybe you can tell me again the district association you want to move to? I'd be happy to make the call for you on Tuesday. Monday is a holiday. Here is the list: https://fluechtlingsrat-bw.de/adressen/?_sft_adressen_kategorie=03-staatliche-stellen I think it's best to just ask in the state you want to move too. Also, maybe @mbeon-èanna has an addition? Best regards ! Saskia
Thank you for trying. Yes calling them would be a great help because I am just started learning german so I cannot communicate well. I would like to move to Freiburg.
Sorry to disappoint your self , it’s not that much easy to move another state . Almost took one year to got my permission to move another state.
It’s because you should give a Unbefrist Arbeitsvertrag , also need to submit a Mietvertrag. It’s not easy to get both at same times and even then you should wait for sometimes to get an answer from Amt. In that time period , you can’t keep hold a house for that long without moving or without Anmeldung :(
Dear Roona,

I am still waiting for an answer and will let you know as soon as I know more. It seems that you have to be a little more patient :(


Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Best answer

Dear @Roona,

Welcome back to the Wefugees community and thank you for reaching out to us.

I would highly recommend you not to move without the official reply by the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) and their confirmation of the „Umverteilungsantrag“. I know it can be very difficult to reach staff and often it takes too long until applicants receive an answer.

If you don’t reach them via phone keep sending reminding emails - maybe also to the supervisor of the department highlighting the importance to move for your current job. I think waiting for 4 weeks is unfortunately rather normal than an exception.

I really hope that you can work remotely for a few weeks more. Searching for an apartment may also take some time and you could start with looking for places for the time being.

As my colleague wrote, asking a counseling office for support is always a good idea as well. With this search engine you can find a close-by organisation. 
Please don’t hesitate to keep us updated on this or to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Oct 2, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,256 questions
6,245 answers
139,248 users