I have recently received my refugee status and I was informed that normally I must stay in the same state. I found a job in a different state that would allow me to be independent of the jobenter. I was told by the Kreisverwaltung of my city that the Ausländerbehörde of the city I am moving to must approve the move first. (I am allowed to work anywhere in Germany but I am not free to move my residence). The move request form I was given, requires information about the new residence address I will be moving into. However, I cannot rent an apartment before their consent to move? so what exactly is one supposed to do in this case?
asked Sep 4, 2022 in Work by Rooona | 448 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi @Roona,

Does the form require you to provide a specific address? On such forms to request a move you usually just write the name of the place you wish to move to, not an actual specific street address. For example ‘Hamburg’ or ‘Berlin’. Or if it in a more regional area it may be called something like ‘Landkreis X’.

Here is an example of such a form, where it would be sufficient to write for example ‘Hiermit beantrage ich die Änderung der Wohnsitzauflage, da ich beansichtige nach BERLIN umzuziehen’.


I hope that clarifies it. If not, let us know.



answered Sep 5, 2022 by mbeon-Éanna
Thank you very much for your answer, dear @mbeon-Éanna!
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,256 questions
6,245 answers
139,248 users