I need help. To know about the job center rules
asked Jul 4, 2018 in Legal advice by Ok | 5,021 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Ok

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question.

If you got acknowledged after 01.01.2016 you have to stay in the federal state of Germany that you have been assigned to for 3 years (--> Bavaria). That's the so-called "Wohnsitzauflage".

However, it is possible to get rid of said Wohnsitzauflage. If you get a job (at least 15 hours per week + 710€ net) in another federal state or if you start an "Ausbildung" or if you go to university, you can get in contact with Ausländerbehörde. They have to delete the Wohnsitzauflage in such a case.

The same applies if your spouse or your underage child lives in another federal state, or if they have a job or do an Ausbildung/study there. Apart from that, you can try to declare a case of hardship if you can provide convincing reasons why it is necessary/urgent for you to move to another federal state (e.g. because you are facing unbearable confinements at your current place of residence).

Best regards,


answered Jul 4, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,010 questions
5,975 answers
138,968 users