I came to Germany for an ausbildung from a non-eu country. But i think starting this ausbildung was not a good idea for me, i didn't like it and im not happy. I found a job here. I have studied translation&interpretation in my country and this job is also about interpretation. Is there a way for me to convert my ausbilung visa to work permit? ( I got my visa with this ausbildung contract)

Thanks in advance
asked Sep 15 in Work by Auseli

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi @Auseli,

It is possible to change to a work permit. However, the work permit is for people with a qualification. You need to have your qualification recognised as comparable with a German one. This can be done using the database Anabin or the authority ZAB:



Here is an example of the process and documents needed in Berlin:


The process and documents, however, should be the same throughout Germany. Once your qualification has been recognised and you have an offer of a qualified position, you can apply to change your permit.



answered Sep 16 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,443 questions
5,325 answers
137,552 users