I am an assylum seeker with a pending decission from the BAMF, i got married to my German partner in the USA via online marriage ceremony, Original marriage certificate and Apostille has been sent to me (Marriage is official in the USA). In registering the marriage in Germany an Extended registration certificate (Erweiterte Meldebescheinigung) is among the requirement that was listed. With my status here in Germany how is it possible i get one or is there a way i can get it done without it.
asked Jun 18 in Legal advice by mufasa

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @mufasa,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

People can get the “erweitere Meldebestätigung” (extended registration certificate) at the local registration office (i.e. Bürgeramt or Einwohnermeldeamt) and compared to the simple registration certificate, it may contain additional data. These data includes details on gender, legal representative, current nationalities, legal affiliation to a religious community, previous address(es), date(s) of moving in and out, marital status, data on spouse or civil partner, data on minor children, data on identity card, recognised passport or passport replacement document, eID card and proof of arrival in accordance with the Asylum Act as well as the AZR number. Data on information and transmission blocks may not be included in a registration certificate (information from this website of the Bavarian authorities).

As long as you are officially registered in a municipality, I don’t see a reason why you may not be able to get the extended registration certificate. Do you agree dear @mbeon-Gabriele or @mbeon-Ruth?

All the best,



answered Jun 19 by Meike
0 votes
Good morning @Mufasa, I agree with my dear colleague Meike that you can easily apply for an extended certificate of registration. As you have learned by now, many documents have to be provided and official procedures have to be overcome in order to register a marriage abroad in Germany and then to be able to move in with your spouse. If you need a registration certificate, for example, for the purpose of marriage or for presentation at an embassy/consulate (i.e. in an international context), this is then an extended registration certificate. Extended registration certificates are usually applied for in person or in writing (with a copy of the identity document attached). As a rule, you can choose which of the following additional data you want to receive: - Previous addresses (if stored) - Move-in date, move-out date, change of status date - marital status - religion - Sex / gender - Identity card / passport data - Current nationalities - Proof of arrival (AKN) - Data on legal representative (surname, first name, degree of doctorate, date of birth and address) - Data on spouse or civil partner (surname, first name, degree of doctorate, date of birth and address) - Data on minor children (surname, first name, date of birth and address) For this reason, you must state for which office (e.g. which authority) you require the extended registration certificate and with which contents. The fees for this vary from place to place, but are usually around €10.00. I wish you and your partner all the best. Kind regards Gabriele
answered Jun 20 by mbeon-Gabriele
Great! Many thanks for your quick reply and the details, dear @mbeon-Gabriele! Much appreciated! Best wishes, Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,531 questions
5,430 answers
137,860 users